Monday, February 27, 2012

Recycled Jars

There are so many tutorials and ideas out there for mason jars.  Personally, I don't want to spend extra money on mason jars.  I use my mason jars for canning my summer crops.  Instead, I recycle all my jars....pizza sauce, pickle, mayo, jelly, peanut bar...pretty much all jars (glass & plastic).  I use most of my jars for storage in my craft room, I have used a few as gift containers.
Here are a few of my jars.  I have a theme in my craft room, zebra & neon green.  I use duct tape to decorate my jars, along with scrapbook paper, mod podge, labels, spray paint and glitter.  My organization, is mostly recycled things.  Since everything is a mix match, I tried matching things up a bit with duct tape.  Here is the link to the labels.  You can customize them yourself.  Very cute!!

Recycled pickle jars.  Spray paint, duct tape and custom labels were used to decorate these.

More duct tape organization.  Small plastic tubs, without their lids.

Another plastic container, and these scrapbook paper sized plastic shelves.  These are all items I've had for years.  Now everything coordinates.


I also have a cardboard box, I put duct tape around & use for storage for my bedazler and the beads.  I'm being realistic here.  There are lots of great, fancy craft rooms out there.  I'd rather spend my money on my crafts.  I'm just glad to get organized!!



No comments:

Post a Comment