Thursday, September 20, 2012

Litter box, turned into a storage box.

I have some clutter in my living room, that was really bothering me.  A few magazines, crochet patterns, and a mess of resumes.  I needed a neat place to put them, besides the floor, but also keep them close at hand when I need them.  I'm not much for sitting and zoning out at the tv, which is pretty much what my husband does after work.  So, I spend quality time next to him, crocheting, flipping through a magazine, working on my resume, or playing on the IPhone while sometimes watching tv.  I really don't like wasting time.  I went into my craft room, searching for some type of storage or an empty box I could convert to storage.  I found an almost empty box of cat litter.  The cats live outside now, so the litter is just taking up space.  So, I dumped what was left in a bag (I might need it for something later!).  I cut the top of the box off, then cleaned the inside out with a damp paper towel.


Empty cat litter box




I took the box outside, with black spray paint.  I love this spray paint.  I repainted some ugly blue storage containers my husband brought home for me with this paint.  They are styling now!

This paint is Krylon Fusion for Plastic in Black Gloss.  It works great on cardboard too!

If you miss any spots, you can always touch up with a black permanent marker.  Which is what I did.

Next, I got a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper.  I cut off 3 inches of each end, making it 9x9 inches.  I took the square piece and spray glued it to the center of the front.  I glued the other 2 pieces to the sides.  I left the back blank, but you can put paper on it also.

Front of litter box

One side of litter box

My other side of the box was shorter, because of the opening/pour spout of the litter box, so my shorter piece of paper fit it just right.  I just forgot to take a picture of it.


I hope you try this simple revamp of any old sturdy box.  Great storage, and super cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment