Thursday, September 20, 2012

Crispy Chicken Legs in the oven

Every time I make chicken, my step daughter and husband grab for the chicken legs.  So, this time I bought a package of chicken legs.  This recipe is simple, crunchy, lots of flavor, and was ate up by everyone!  I just can't beat that.



The Ingredients:
8-10    chicken legs
1 c       buttermilk
3 tbsps butter melted
1 c       flour
1/4 c    Italian bread crumbs (plain would work also)
1 tsp    salt
1 pkg   Italian salad dressing mix

Directions:
Put your chicken legs in a bowl or ziplock bag.  Add buttermilk and melted butter and let soak for at least 15 minutes.  Your butter may get clumpy if your chicken legs are really cold.  This is ok.  I just like the extra flavor and juices of the butter.

Pre heat oven to 425F

Mix your flour, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and salt in a baggy.  Drop your chicken in & shake until covered.  Place your chicken in a baking dish lined with tinfoil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

I baked mine for 1 hour & 15 minutes, turning halfway through.  Always check your chicken is not pink, and runs clear.  Your chicken may cook quicker, so double check it after about 50 minutes.  My family will not eat pink chicken!

We also had green beans and "Atomic Buffalo  Turds", which I cooked with the chicken.  I stuck them in about halfway through the chicken cooking process.  They are awesome!  Check out their link, they have directions for oven, grill, and smoker.

No comments:

Post a Comment