Friday, July 20, 2012

Zucchini Bread & Muffins

I found this recipe on "recipes.com"  The title is "Mom's Zucchini Bread" by v monte.  I could only find one bread pan, so I decided to make 6 muffins out of the other half of the batter.  I also changed the recipe just a tiny bit.  Ignore my messy kitchen in the background.  Was canning pickles that day too.

Ingredients
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsps ground cinnamon (I used 2, my husband is allergic, and it was still too much)
3 eggs
1 cup of vegetable oil (I used melted butter instead, yum!  Sinful!)
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 tsps vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts (I used 1/2 cup, because I was low on walnuts)

Directions
Preheat oven 325 degrees F

Grease bread pan & muffin pan (I used cute paper muffin cups instead for the muffins)

Beat eggs, oil (or butter), vanilla and sugar together in a large bowl.  Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder & cinnamon to creamed mixture and beat well.  It will be a thick mixture, not runny like cake.  Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined.

I put half the mixture in the bread pan.  Then divided the other half between the 6 muffins.   The muffins were almost full to the top.

Place in oven

Cook muffins 30-35 minutes
Cook bread 40-60 minutes.

Everyone's oven is different.  I start checking my goods about 5 minutes before the time posted on a recipe.  Just to be safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment